Sunday, January 31, 2010

Back To Regular Programming

Staring at the Screen

I think I just grew wrinkles that aged me 20 years older, due to some site problems. This blog had several issues the past week. It was loading uber slow that I decided to change hosts after encountering various problems with my previous host. Also, I was using an old version of wordpress which puts this blog at risk for more troubles.

I've attempted in the past to upgrade to the latest wordpress but I ended up with an empty blog. The techie wanna-be in me tends to try out things that often leads me to technical misadventures. Good thing I was able to restore my blog that time although I didn't know how I did it.?!? Uh, divine intervention?

I transferred to a host specializing in wordpress just so they'll have my back the next time I encounter difficulties troubleshooting my blog. However, the issues plaguing my site was larger than life and it had to take the award-winning  technology blogger, Jaypee of Jaypeeonline.net to figure things out. If you are reading this far from its sickly disposition, I owe that to him. Thank God I was also saved from bleeding my brains out trying to solve something way beyond my capacity. To think I was considering using Drupal and Joomla before. *covers self in shame* Yeah, I just heard you say, "ambisyosa."

Aside from the upgrading, Jaypee was able to find some errors that were making this site an easy prey for attacks. Some of which, were probably of my own doing. I could just imagine him shaking his head in disgust over the mess I created in my own site, but  I couldn't thank him enough for sharing his expertise that would have cost me an arm and leg had I hired a techie professional. No wonder he's blessed to have plenty of blogger friends who are all praises for him. And yes, he has minions who read his blog all the time.

If you're having problems with your current web hosting and are looking for a new hosting service, you might want to try WP webhost where you can avail of 30% discount using Jaypee's code: Jaypee30. Cool, huh?

Thanks are also in order for CDO Bloggers president and wordpress theme designer, Chiq Montes for her expert advice.

By the way, my apologies to the email subscribers of vanityclinic.com who received an alert yesterday about an entry I wrote for my semi-personal blog on another site. I didn't know how that happened (yet again!). Oh well, welcome to another episode of my technical misadventures. It's so creepy, it's like parking my car in the wrong house. Sorry about that.

Ok, now that my blog just came out of the ICU, prepare for for more makeup tricks and answers to some of your beauty questions. Til then!

4 comments:

  1. so that's why this blog hasn't been posted in for a while... :D glad ur back doc! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the welcome back. if you find this blog down again, most likely it's due to another episode of my kapalpakan. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back doc! Let's just say we are on this field on a trial and error method, unlike our jobs. And we learn fast huh!

    Great to know you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Doc Rem. True. Too bad they didn't teach us webmaster skills in med school. hehe. By the way, my short blog vacation did something good, I just started a medical blog. Will link you up once it's stuffed. :)

    ReplyDelete