Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shopping Online With A U.S. Address

Portrait of a woman internet shopping with a credit card



Don't you just find it frustrating to find something you really wanna buy from an online shop in the US, and realize you can't have it due to shipping restrictions? Well, in some ways it works to your advantage because it helps you save money but sometimes, it can be a bummer.

The easiest and cheapest solution we could think of is to ask relatives and friends from the US to ship it to us or to bring it on their next trip back to the Philippines. But then, they lead busy lives and have other more important things to do than mail our orders. When they come home, there is not enough space for their own stuffs, so why bother them with ours? I'm guilty of the last part that's why I had to look for options not to be a burden to them.

Last month, I tried ordering through Johnny Air Cargo. So far, they have the best rates and fastest delivery based on my research. No, I didn't order for makeups but for health supplements and some of the best multivitamins  (yeah, times are changing) which are sold way cheaper in the US.  It got to me 2 weeks after, which we picked up from the Johnny Air outlet at Robinson's CDO. 2 weeks- because It took one week to deliver my goods from Washington to New York (the location of Johnny Air US)  through regular mail,  then  Johnny Air forwarded it to my provincial destination in just 1 week.  I received the goods in perfect condition and in a timely manner.

The rates are $6.50 per pound for Manila delivery, $7.50  per pound for provincial addresses, with a minimum of 2 lbs per package. An additional dollar is charged for highly taxable items like electronics. Handling fee is $5 per package. These rates are already inclusive of custom taxes.  For electronics, $50 customs charges apply for laptops, and  $15 for iphone and itouch.

Image from Johhny Air Cargo Website



Here's how to avail of their forwarding service:

  • Shop from any US -based online store,  pay it through the available payment options offered by the US vendor, pick a method of shipping listed by them (UPS, USPS, Fedex, DHL) and address it to:

  • Attn: Analyn San Diego/Your Name
    Johnny Air Retail, Inc
    6904 Roosevelt Avenue
    Woodside, New York 11377

    Telephone: 718-672-7080



  • Notify Ms. Analyn San Diego of your order, inform her of the details including tracking #, item description, order#, etc, through her email at analynd@aol.com or jna@johnnyair.com.

  • For further inquiries, you may get in touch with them through Crissy or Analyn in the US: 1(718)672-7080 or Plem in the Philippines: 02-7603818


I'm expecting another package through Johnny Air next week, this time it's a book I ordered (still not beauty-related). The next problem we have is how to order from sites that do not accept  credit cards billed outside the US,  like Sephora. I'm not sure if Johnny Air has a solution for that but I'll get back to you when I find out. Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

  1. This is a really helpful tip. I do a lot of my shopping online and have only relied on the kindness of my relatives to bring the packages here on their next trip home. Thanks to you, I now have an alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete