Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Beauty Bar in CDO

My horoscope yesterday read that I should be careful with spending in the afternoon. Not that I take horoscopes seriously but sometimes they get freaky accurate. I usually have a good grip of my finances but seeing Beauty Bar in Cagayan de Oro caught me off guard.

I don't know if I'd been hibernating too much that I didn't hear about its opening last March 26, 2011 or if it just wasn't as highly publicized as the opening of Marks & Spencer or Starbucks here in CDO.


It's not like Marionnaud opened a Mindanao branch but Beauty Bar in this part of the country is something to celebrate about for beauty afficionados. We've been deprived of outlets that sell high end cosmetics like Mac, MUFE, Shu Uemura and the like but having Beauty Bar in CDO brings us an inch closer to our wishes (can't wait for Ayala Centrio to open). Beauty Bar happens to carry one of my favorite brands- Smashbox.

When I examined the place, I noticed there were less items and brands compared to BB branches in Manila. There was no Model Co, for instance. The brands the CDO store carry include Smashbox, Palladio, Prestige, Styli-style, Bloom, Philosophy, and Ziaja. They also have my favorite lash adhesive- the Lash Grip, and stocks of Victoria Vogue wedge sponge.

As much as I wanted to hoard stuffs, I had to practice self control and remind myself that I can always come back since it's already here in CDO. I ended up buying just 3 items- the best selling Palladio oil-absorbing Rice Powder, a Styli-style lipstick, and the Smashbox Eye Illusion palette. The good news about the Beauty Bar CDO Branch  is that the prices are similar to BB branches in Manila.  No crazy mark ups for a provincial outlet.

Beauty Bar CDO is clustered along Marks & Spencer, Nine West, Lacoste, and Aerosoles at the second level, East Concourse of Limketkai Mall.

barcode scanner

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is good news! I used to hoard Prestige eyeliners, Philosophy and Burt's Bees products in Manila and Cebu. I will check this branch out. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup grace, i have a prestige eyeliner too. beauty bar's got lots of nice products and it's a good thing we now have it here in cdo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe you noticed it too huh? The lack of promotion? Was a bit baffled, too. I'm a Beauty Bar regular in Cebu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grace! been out for a while. so i just found out about the beauty bar shop at lkks thru ur blog. Interested as I am, went der after 2 days. They've got nice stuff, although my usual brands wer not der. But I wud really like to try smashbox for a change. i'm into bronzers, blush and lipstick. Any recommendations? tnx much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi riche! smashbox's primers are the best. you can also try their fusion soft lights (blush or bronzer), o glow (liquid blush) and halo finishing powder. i haven't tried smashbox lipsticks though nor have i heard feedbacks about them. for blushes you can also check out bloom, also available at beauty bar :)

    ReplyDelete