Sunday, May 22, 2016

Descendants of the Sun Fever

Ok, maybe I caught the bug a little late. Posts about "Descendants of the Sun" have been flooding my Facebook timeline for like, 2 months now. I've been seeing photos of Song Joong Ki but thought, "ok, another typical Korean actor- pretty boy, smooth skin, chiseled nose". Lee Min Ho and Won Bin were far more striking. Sure he was cute, but didn't catch my fancy.

I've known about Song Hye Kyo since "Full House" and "Endless Love" days. Apart from Kim Tae Hee, she is my idea of a stunning Korean beauty. However, I never watched any of her prior Korean dramas despite the hype.

I tried watching the first episode of "Descendants of the Sun" but never got past 3 minutes of the war scenes. It was not until I saw this clip highlighting the sweet moments of Captain Yoo Si-jin and Doctor Kang Mo-yeon that turned things around. Whoa! The chemistry between this two sent tingles to my spine.

Now I don't know what spell I'm under, to believe that Song Joong Ki is the most gorgeous man on the planet.  I want him to end up with beauty goddess Song Hye Kyo for real! I found myself grinning ear to ear watching the complete series. That electrifying, intoxicating kind of thrill that never got to me since "Meteor Garden".

It's interesting to note how almost everyone in the series have ethereal, poreless skin that I sometimes get late in reading the subtitles because I stare at their amazing skin a little too long.







No comments:

Post a Comment