Saturday, June 28, 2008

Make Your Own Palette of Lip Colors And Pressed Eye Pigments

I've been running out of space in my train case. My makeup stash keeps on growing that i have to put the others in separate cheaper plastic cases from handyman. In the end, I forget about them and some makeup samples are still left unopened up to this day. They are gorgeous colors that would have been great in photo shoots but bringing all of them inside my professional train case would take up too much space.





Pressed eye minerals


I've always been a fan of mineral makeups because they really work for my acne-prone and oily skin. The wide array of eyeshadow and blush colors are drool-worthy. Plus, the absence of harmful chemicals make it a healthy alternative to expensive conventional makeup brands. However, I find it too messy to apply on models during shoots or clients for different occasions because they come in loose form. It's probably the reason why not a lot of makeup artists use them. No matter how tightly they are closed, some still end up spilling on my train case. For that, I have to resort to hoarding MAC eye shadows which are awesome but a little pricey compared to mineral makeups.

I have tons of lipsticks too, which I cannot stack up in my case. Some have turned rancid and thus I had to throw them away despite their designer brand names. Some are still in excellent condition but are cut in halves or too short already.



Lately, after surfing tutorials on the net, I found a way to re-organize my stash by coming up with my own customized palettes. I pressed eye shadow minerals using alcohol as binder and coins and clean fabric to press them on empty eyeshadow cases. Some were more difficult to press, though.

The easier task was to customize my lip colors. I melted the lipsticks, added some jelly and vitamin e to prevent them from turning rancid anytime soon. I mixed colors
to come up with my own customized colors as well. Since I can't find empty lip palettes for sale, I used water color containers for this. They sell for about P37 or P67 at national bookstore. I transferred the water colors in mini jars. It's good enough vs busting $22 for an empty lip palette sold online in the US. Shipping fee excluded. I enjoyed this so much that I intend to buy more watercolor palettes. I just hope the kids don't find out who's been making the watercolor palettes on National Bookstore extinct.

online schools

No comments:

Post a Comment