Monday, June 30, 2008

The Hair Rebonding Saga

Beautiful skin usually goes with an equally nice hair. Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with either. I have had acne flare ups since high school and my hair has suffered from treatments including perm, straightening and coloring. In 2002, right after passing the physicians' board exams, I rewarded myself with a trip to the salon.

I went to Hairbytes in Shangrila mall for straightening and hot oil treatment because my hair looked exhausted as if it was stressed out from the board exams as well. The attendant advised me to go for hair rebonding instead. At that time, it was the latest buzz in hair technology and I usually heard celebrities undergoing that treatment. Kris Aquino and Pops Fernandez were among the remarkable ones to endorse it. To me, it seemed unaffordable and was reserved for the celebrities. After much prodding and thinking that it was a treat for myself, I gave in. I paid P3000 for my short hair, just a few inches below the ears. I totally loved the effects that hair relaxing/straightening became alien to me.

Months after that, I managed to grow my hair long, which I never did before. I always sported a short hair because the in-between stages was just too difficult for me. Though I have a naturally straight hair, it tends to be fluffy and needs a constant dose of hair creme or gel to keep it tamed. With rebonding, I was finally able to pull off a sleek, long hair which I've always dreamed off. It cost around P7,000 when I had my hair about the level of the 8th thoracic vertebra , milk rebonded at the Ricky Reyes Salon in Megamall. I had a couple of rebond sessions in between. I even tried doing the procedure on myself with a DIY rebonding kit. The result was drab, though. Doing it on your own hair is not as easy as applying hair color on yourself. Find somebody who can do it for you unless you're ready for a disaster.

According to my husband, it was my long hair that caught his attention the first time he saw me. Too bad, I had to lose my high maintenance locks when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005. I had to go through chemo. See how much of a bitch cancer can get. I went bald and had to wait for my hair to grow back. From 2006 up til now, my hair has always been short. I had to get frequent haircuts from X-salon here in CDO because it was easier to manage that way. A few months ago, I decided to grow my hair long once again because looking at my pictures before, I missed how I used to look with long tresses. But then my fluffy old hair starts getting messier by the day, I decided it was time for a rebond.

The last time I had it in a rather pricey salon here, I didn't like the results and it was torture to have my hair practically pulled by the lady doing the procedure. Sometimes, the scorching hot hair iron would get too close to my scalp that I wondered if she had any resentment towards me. That's why whenever I had the chance of going to Manila, I had to get the rebonding done there.

I have no plans of going back to Manila anytime soon, so I had to look for options where I could have my hair rebonded here in cdo. I tried searching the net for recommendations on a good salon here that can do excellent rebonding, to no avail. Finally, upon texting one of my former interns, Milay, who knows her way around beauty stuffs, she referred to me a rebond expert named Tata. She does home service and charges low. I paid P1,700 for my short hair. She was very courteous even when texting, came early and a fast worker with no ouch elicted from me nor my wallet.

I'm loving my newly rebonded hair which I got for a fraction of the cost from the going rates in salons. I highly recommend Tata for your rebonding needs. If you want her number, just message me through this blog. No, I'm not getting any cuts from this plug. I'm just happy with the result. Even my husband is amazed at my tamed, revived locks. A refreshing change from my natural bedhead 'do .

a href="http://www.orlandothemeparkvacations.com">Orlando vacation packages

3 comments:

  1. hi there! how do i get in touch with tata? thanks so much! i love how your hair looks by the way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello pia, please check your email. stay tuned for my review on tony and jackey cdo. i just had my hair rebonded at their newly opened salon in sm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] was long overdue for a rebond. After raving about the affordable home service that I availed last year, the months that followed after that rebond left me with a dry, tangled, [...]

    ReplyDelete