Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rebond at Tony and Jackey CDO

I was long overdue for a rebond. After raving about the affordable home service that I availed last year, the months that followed after that rebond left me with a dry, tangled, and damaged hair, not to mention to unusual amount of falling hair that almost clogged our bathroom. I have all praises for how the stylist did the ironing and how courteous she was but I figured it must be the product she used that caused the marked damage. Like what I always say, you get what you pay for.

This year, I had to make sure that I go to a reputable salon to prevent the same thing from happening. I asked around and one of my models, Kristine, recommended that I go to Cebu or Manila at a certain Korean salon. Unfortunately, like me, she is frustrated about the lack of salons here that are known for their rebond services. The best rebond I have tried were in Hairbytes Shangrila in Mandaluyong and Ricky Reyes in Megamalll.




Tony and Jackey was the salon that Kristine suggested. I made a mental note to squeeze in a rebond session when I visit Cebu or Manila. With the law of attraction working on my favor, I later found out that a Tony and Jackey branch has just opened at SM-CDO! Whoah! That was real quick. I lost no time in scheduling an appointment before a Cyber Monday. The front desk personnel was pleasant to talk to and sounded really professional over the phone.

There are 3 Korean stylists working at the CDO branch. The one who attended to me was Nick. Despite the language barrier, he courteously explained that the status of my hair needed the L'Oreal formula instead of the Korean preparation which may be harsh for my already damaged hair. In fact, he warned me that another rebond may aggravate the condition of my poor hair. But my thought bubble went: "what could be worse than this fluffy, witchy hair I'm sporting?"




They have a 5000 package using L'oreal for rebond on any length of hair plus additional services like hair manicure, hair cut and something else which escapes me at the moment. The 3000 package uses the Korean medicine, inclusive of the other hair treatment services. For rebond alone, it is P300O using L'Oreal and P1,500 for the Korean formula. It would be easy to fall for the cheaper package but as I understand it, it would be an option only for those with "virgin" hair. For the uninitiated, it refers to hair which hasn't been ravaged by a previous treatment such as rebond, relax or perm. It doesn't have anything to do with one's purity or experiences in intimate matters. Ack! That leaves my hair under the slut category.

I figured it may take forever if I choose the whole package. Besides, I wanted to get the feel of paying for a not more than P4000 for a rebond at a famous salon. I usually pay P7000 for my rebond sessions before and I do realize now what that amount could buy me. I opted for the L'Oreal Rebond for P3000 plus haircut for P300. It took around 5 hours to finish.

After the routine shampoo and blowdry, Nick cut my hair, following the style I pointed on their catalog. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to cut before rebonding but after the whole process, there were damaged ends that he had to cut once again, making my hair a lot shorter than it's supposed to be. His assistant Cacay did the blowdrying and most of the ironing process, but Nick was constantly checking out her work and did some ironing too even if the salon was getting packed with clients.

My assessment? Except for the occasional instances when the iron would bump into my scalp, the shorter-than expected hair and the deafening voices that greet a new customer entering the premises, the experience was a fine one. They offered free coffee, and their staff members were trained to treat their clients right.  Generally, the results are good. A few days after, I did notice some frizzy strands near the nape but then I also encountered that after my rebond in Hairbytes so I guess it's a complication I have to deal with afterwards. Regular hot oil will handle this.

The haircut rates of Tony and Jackey is something that may be intimidating for CDO residents because we are used to low prices (one of the reasons why I don't push my makeup artistry). You can enjoy a P120 haircut at some posh salon here which serves Iced Tea for free. But then with reputation of Tony and Jackey's excellent Korean hairstyling, it is certainly worth a try. Both male and female clients kept the stylists busy when I was having the rebond. The regular rates are P500 for women's haircut and P300 for men. Currently, they are on promo: P300 for women and P150 for men. If you guys in CDO want to score Korean hair-do a-la Lee Min Ho, do check the place out. It is located the the 2nd floor of SM CDO , or you may contact them at 859-3022.

12 comments:

  1. [...] Rebond at Tony and Jackey CDO | The Doctor is vaIN www.vanityclinic.com/2009/10/15/rebond-at-tony-and-jackey-cdo – view page – cached I was long overdue for a rebond. After raving about the affordable home service that I availed last year, the months that followed after that rebond left me — From the page [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aguy, mahal gyud diay! And I thought the hair rebond I availed of a few months ago over at Jesi Mendez was already mahal =/

    Congratulations on your PBA award, by the way! =) I'm Bon's sister, Irene =) Are you joining the MBS 3? Hope to meet you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Irene! Yes, Bon told me about you :) We were supposed to collaborate for a photoshoot but he got busy with his gigs.

    The rebond at T & J is quite reasonable compared to other salons I tried before pero the haircut is a little pricey. How much was the rebond at Jesi Mendez? I was considering that and Ystilo , but I didn't find any reviews on these 2 so I had to wait.

    Yes, I already registered online for the MBS. Thanks for the greetings. Hope to see you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. not bad... good deal... looks great too ^^
    Btw, nanged ya post on innit ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot! I'll go visit your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your site.. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi jac, thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. naks mahal naman nyan! How I wish I could treat myself at T & J so soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi phebie! yup, but most of the services except for the rebond are more expensive than the usual salon rates here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. [...] that has been ravaged by regular rebond. As I mentioned before, my hair has frizzy strands after a recent rebond which isn’t easily solved by my usual leave-on conditioners or hair cuticle coat that come [...]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok nasa sa T & Jackey RETIRO QC branch until yung suki naming si Tiffany eh nilipat sa Cebu. Naturally, Calvin Kim, the senior hair dresser ang next na hinanap namin. Aba! he REFUSED to cut all 4 of us who are waiting for him at around 10:40am. Wala naman ginugupitan at WALANG tao sa parlor at that time exact 1 customer. Gusto niya hatiin daw kami, 2 sa iba and 2 sa kanya. We explained na siya talaga ang pinuntahan namin dyan. Apparently, he doesn't care of the business kasi ayaw niya. Gusto niya 2 lang cut niya. Kaya nilayasan na lang namin itong si Calvin. Obviously, he has a very bad attitude problem. Never kami babalik sa kanya! Disgrace to his race.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, that's too bad. hope Tony & Jackey management does something about this incident.

    ReplyDelete