Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fanny Serrano Liquid Eyeliner

Fanny Serrano Cosmetics produces some of the best makeups in the Philippines. That's probably due to the fact that the owner, Fanny Serrano is a makeup artist himself who understands the standards of quality cosmetics. Among my personal favorites is their concealer stick, so when I was sent the Fanny Serrano Long Last Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, I got so excited that it was the first one I grabbed from the loot bag.

Does it measure up to our standards? Let me dissect its performance.


When I swiped it at the back of my hand, it gave a rich consistency which stayed even after washing it off. I had to rub it with soap, then apply a Bobbi Brown cleansing oil to totally erase it. Pretty impressive, I thought to myself. But then here lies the problem with waterproof eye products: they can stand water but not oil. The lids have oil glands, and for walking oil mines like me, it can be a problem.

When I lined my lids, as it's where it's intended to be used, it relatively went well. I tried another brand before that left me with raccoon eyes even before I got out of the house. Smudging did not happen with the Fanny Serrano Long Last Liquid Eyeliner. However, after about 3 hours, I noticed the lines have faded away. It blended with the rest of the eye makeup. No distinct line remained.

At another time, I applied a thin line very close to the lash line and it disappeared more quickly. I decided thicker lines should do the trick. But then after putting on thicker lines, they still faded. I guess it will work on non-oily lids like how it lasted long at the back of my hand.

Liquid eyeliners are generally more difficult to apply than gel forms but the Fanny Serrano Long Last Liquid Eyeliner doesn't require makeup artist skills to put it on. The brush evenly distributes the product which dries quickly.

Pros:

  • Minimal or no smudging

  • Waterproof

  • Dries fast

  • Rich consistency in one swipe

  • Easy to use

  • Applies evenly

  • Affordable at Php 195


Cons:



  • Fades easily on oily lids



Rating: 5/10

 
Fanny Serrano Long Last Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner is available online at Weemall, The Philippine Online Shopping Mall.

 

2 comments:

  1. Too bad it fades easily ang ganda pa naman ng itsura ng brush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think if you don't have super oily skin, it will last long.

    ReplyDelete