Thursday, July 3, 2008

Online Shopping

Stila Stila and Vanity Fair Set: 1x EyeShadow Palette  1x LipColor  1x Face Luminizer I love my city, CDO. This is where I grew up. However, a major drawback of living this far from the country's capital is the inaccessibility to the hottest makeup trends. No major brands like Mac, Shu Uemura, Stila, Smashbox, or Bobbi Brown in this city. So far, only Shisheido is the high end makeup available here. Drugstore brands like Maybelline, Revlon, and L'oreal are the usual cosmetics readily sold, and of course, some local brands such as Ever Bilena and Avon.

Being a makeup artist and junkie, I cannot limit my collection to whatever is available locally. I simply couldn't help myself from drooling over cult favorites which unfortunately aren't sold in the city. The latest makeup reviews from fellow beauty enthusiasts make me itch to try them myself. Traveling to Manila used to be my only hope for buying my tools.

Today, with my growing collection of make-ups, my clients and models often ask me where I get them. Well, I'll let you in on my secret: online shopping. Almost anything I browse online, I could find a site to shop for it. With just a few mouse clicks, I'm done..so is my credit card.
With the convenience of secure transactions like paypal, online shopping can be truly addicting. It is the prohibitive cost of shipping that can halt my favorite hobby. The shipping cost is sometimes more than the item ordered.

In searching for my favorite cosmetics, I came across a cool site that offers free shipping worldwide. At first, I was cynical about it. The prices were lower than usual. The famous YSL touche eclat is worth more than P2,000 at Rustan's in Manila but I bought it for P1,000 plus from Strawberrynet.com. But well, knowing the markup of cosmetics once it reaches the Philippines, that shouldn't be surprising. With free shipping, that was definitely a steal. I checked the feedbacks of people who brought from that website and most of them could attest that the products are genuine.
I tried shopping with Strawberrynet.com to see for myself. Their product lines were impressive. Aside from makeups, perfumes and skin care products are also being sold. I was able to avail of a free stila pivotal liquid foundation for first time customers. There were also items that were on 50% sale. Definitely the makeup junkies haven! I was pleased with the neat packaging and quick shipping, considering it was christmas season when I ordered. I have tried the products myself and I can vouch that they are authentic.

Strawberrynet.com offers additional perks like discounts for returning customers. I have signed up for their newsletter to be updated with the latest store promos, which are often hard to pass up. With the rising price of gasoline, driving to your favorite department store when the products you want are not even there, can be frustrating. Sometimes online shopping is our best option. Free shipping is a big bonus to be taken advantage of. Convenient but addicting.

carinsurancelist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment