Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Labeling Your Goods

I've been thinking lately of putting up a small business. Ideas have been sprouting, confusing me all the more on which products I should offer. If I had my way, I'd like to formulate my own cosmetics. A long shot, I know, considering the competition. I'm no Fanny Serrano or Patrick Rosas who have built a strong following as make up artists before they created their own makeup lines. If I can come up with a miracle potion, I guess that would be an easier route but for now, do help pull me back to reality.

One of the exciting parts of coming up with your own brand of products is the packaging and labeling of your goods. Hmm... I could think of various spunky names for them. I am trying to picture how they would look on top of my products. If only I had the merchandise to start with. Oh well.

For those who actually have something to sell and are starting small, online printing services may be a better option for private labeling than expensive print shops which only accept bulk orders. Design your stickers and order them for a minimum cost. If you want posters for your establishment, you can likewise order prints at an affordable price. If you're vain enough, you can put yourself in the poster and pose like Angelina Jolie, as though you're you're promoting a movie. This can be useful if you're advertising your services as a makeup artist, for example. But do keep the pose modest.

Speaking of makeup artists services, having your own brochures for rates and packages is an effective means of attracting more clients. Distribute it during fairs or leave copies at the offices of events coordinators.  Look around online for printing services where you can order professionally made brochures.

The labeling may be secondary to the quality of the product itself you're selling or the services you are offering but it could tell a lot about you.  Let your label speak for what's inside it. Make the printing simple yet elegant, sophisticated yet affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment