Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Day at Vanity Works Salon

Since its opening in 2007, Vanity Works Salon has captured a loyal following from residents of Cagayan de Oro who go for posh yet reasonable pampering sessions. It is owned by CAS and Makeup Forever Academy graduate (and soon-to-be bride) Roselle Paras, who also runs Coffee Works, both in Cagayan de Oro and Manila.

I documented my recent visit to the place. My hubby and I supposedly came for a haircut but unfortunately, they did not have services on haircut for men. I went on to have my hair done. For Php 150, the cut is inclusive of shampoo and blow dry, plus a glass of iced tea...no, make that two, because my hubby who was waiting was also served a glass of iced tea. The courteous approach of the staff is definitely a selling point for Vanity Works, along with their services. Unlike in other salons where clients can be seen from the outside, like fishes inside an aquarium, the design of the place affords some degree of privacy for its clients. I don't have to worry about someone passing by and seeing me having my hair done.

P1010763 copy


rugs

It was Miss Morj who attended to me. I chatted her up on my plans of getting highlights, which is one of the services they are known for. Instead of pushing me into getting one, she advised that I put my hair on a "rehab" instead. The damages that my hair has incurred from rebonding and environmental factors might be compounded with the damaging effects of 12% hydrogen peroxide, which is a component of the highlights treatment. She suggested the hair spa to revive my (lackluster) locks.

vanityworks



Nikki, a schoolmate in high school who was there for a hot oil session and was seated next to me, admitted to being a regular in the salon. She pointed out that the helpful advice from the staff is what keeps her coming back often. Their professional expertise guides her on which services would work better for her, even if it's a cheaper treatment. I learned that a couple of fellow doctors are also regular customers of Vanity Works salon.

P1010773 copy

The Happy Hours promo is something worth looking forward to. Everyday, from 10AM to 2PM and 7PM to 10PM, you can avail of hot oil for only Php299, back massage at Php169 and express foot spa  at Php 199. For spa treatments, they use Babor, an imported brand from Germany used at high end salons.

Normally, they have a free wifi within the salon but during my visit, they were fixing it. It would have been a great treat for hubbies and companions waiting near the reception area.

Will I come back to Vanity Works for my next salon trip? Yes, of course. The reasonable prices for a high end salon with well-trained staff are reasons enough to come back. There is nothing much to say about my hair cut because I just went for a trim, but I was satisfied with the outcome and I'm looking forward to my hair spa session one of these days.

Vanity Works is located at Rosario Arcade, Limketkai Center, Cagayan de Oro City. For further information on their services and rates, contact them at 8562352 .

7 comments:

  1. hi doc
    thanks for featuring vanityworks:) hope you will come visit us again:) try our luxurious footspa and brazilian waxing next time, those are our bestselling services:)
    More power to your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi selle, no probs. hopefully, even people on a vacation at CDO will visit vanity works and enjoy its luxurious services at affordable rates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gud pm po! i want to ask if your spa offers laser therapy for scars and keloids.thnak you.more power.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sherline, i wish i had a pa but i don't. thanks for dropping by this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was there last Thursday to get a haircut, underarm waxing and facial. No sign of the iced tea you talked about. Not that I went there just for that, but I just read this blog and remembered 'bout it. All in all though, their servce was excellent. The staff was also trained to be polite and friendly. I liked the ambience in their spa room because twas so relaxing and no noisy, tsismosa staff talking unlike the other spa i've tried in one mall sometime ago. I will definitely go back there and try all the other services they offer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was there last wednesday to have a hot oil. they didn't serve me iced tea too. i was thinking because it was a happy hour promo I availed that's why it didn't come with free drinks. maybe they changed their rules. i'll try asking the owner. yes, i like their ambience too. same here, i don't like it when staff from other salons do nothing but gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi again, french.. i contacted the owner who said there should have been free iced tea served. she already talked to her staff about it. she sends her thanks for the feeddback.

    ReplyDelete