Friday, August 12, 2011

Make Your Own Havaianas 2011

Whenever I try buying a pair of Havaianas slippers, I get excited about how cute they look  and comfy it must feel to walk in them. For some reason, I never end up purchasing them. I set them aside for a new makeup palette or an exciting shade of lipstick. But then I guess I was fated to own one when Spruce sent me an invitation to the "Make Your Own Havaianas 2011" event at the Limketkai Mall in Cagayan de Oro.


A giant boarding pass  to the event was delivered at the clinic yesterday while I was  in the midst of a rather toxic but productive day of patient consultations.  I made a mental note to make time for this must-attend gathering of fashionable flip-flops lovers, which I seemed to miss year after year.

This year's Make Your Own Havaianas sparks the wanderlust in us, with designs that feature the fashion capitals of the World. The current venue at the Limketkai Center transports us to our dream destinations, as they turned  it into some sort of  airport, with flight announcements through paging systems to boot.

I was assisted by Astrid, one of the young "stewardess" of the event to pick the designs that I liked. With the vast selection of colors, I was overwhelmed with the choices I could make. Customization of designs allow us to pick a pair of Havaianas that define our uniqueness. This could be the reason why customers look forward  to "Make your Own Havaianas" each year. I used to pass by this affair for the past couple of years and wonder why it's always packed with people.


There was a gazillion of combinations to choose from but I finally picked my first Havaianas: turquoise soles  and straps which are a mix of turquoise and pink. It was accentuated with a yin yang  pin on the left and Eiffel tower on the right. These perky bubblegum colors remind me of  Barbie dolls when I was still a kid. Yin yang signifies my advocacy for acupuncture while the Eiffel tower is a reminder that I got to go to Europe someday when I get rich. Whew! Never thought a pair of slippers could tell a story.


If you haven't got your latest pair, be sure to catch the event today (August 12) until Sunday, August 14, 2011 at the Limketkai Rotunda. Entrance is free so go ahead and browse around . There's a pair waiting for your creative juices to come to life. Limited edition designs featuring the different fashion cities of the world are available, stocks of which can run out if you don't hurry.

Thanks are in order to Spruce, especially to the owner Ms. Trisha Tamparong who I met while I was having my slippers done. She told me she insisted on having my invitation delivered just so I could come. Thanks a lot, Ms.Trisha!

For more info regarding  Make Your Own Havaianas (MYOH) in the Philippines, please visit this website: http://www.makeyourownhavaianas.com.ph/

Below are pics I took during my visit:










happyeasterstore

1 comment:

  1. [...] years now. This year, I will be joining the  fabulous affair once again courtesy of Spruce. My last year’s chosen design has been my constant companion in and out of the house, even when I travel to Manila. By now, one [...]

    ReplyDelete