Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Contest Winner Announced

Last night, we concluded the contest over at facebook in which a spanking new 28 neutral palette and Human Heart Nature Intensive Hair Mask were given away to a lucky blog reader. I was overwhelmed by the responses. I was expecting only around 50-100 entries given the option to join as many times as you can. After all, I don't really know if people are reading my blog at all.   Most of the time, I just feel like I'm talking to myself around here. In the end, there were 1,836 entries to be raffled.  After seeing the number, I almost choked realizing how tough it would be to choose the winner.

As I mentioned in the contest mechanics, each entry will be assigned a number. The winner will then be chosen randomly through random.org. Unfortunately, it's difficult to view all of the comments on facebook at once especially if we're talking around more than a thousand comments. Instead of choosing a single number out of 1,836 and track the winning number by counting backwards, I decided to do it another way. Since the contest ran from March 1 to 15, I picked a number from 1 to 15 from random.org, it yielded the number 15.  From the entries on that day, March 15, I copied them to the random list generator.  Each entry was assigned a random number. From that list,  I generated the winning number, still through random.org. Rest assured it was drawn fair and square.

And the lucky blog reader is.... Ms. Peewee Abesamis! She will be receiving the 28 Neutral Palette plus a Human Heart Nature Intensive Hair Mask. She already contacted me with her mailing details. Air21 picked up her package this afternoon from our house.

If I had unlimited resources, I'd also give the same prizes to everyone who joined, especially those who submitted the most number of entries. I'm really touched that some even invited their husbands and relatives to win the freebies for them.  As a reward, I'm giving away a free ebook on beauty tips to everyone who joined. If you still haven't got your copy, instructions are posted on the facebook page.

Thanks so much to everyone who joined this blog's facebook fan page. I know the word fan sounds arrogant but I couldn't customize it to become a Facebook Blog Update Page. I just wanted to find venue where I could connect with you better. Don't mind the word fan. It's not like I'm gunning to be the next Angel Locsin or something.

If I'm not posting here as much as I used to, blame it on the frequent brownouts here in Mindanao. Along with the dehydrating summer heat,  it tends to make my blogging powers fluctuate, too.  It's difficult to think when you're inside an oven.

This early, I'm already preparing my next set of freebies for you! Just hold on, I'll keep you posted on this one. Til then!
Image Source

4 comments:

  1. Ey Doc,

    Leslie Magsayo gave me your site address since she told me you were doing her Make up. Going to be part of the entourage...I really like your site. HAve some very good tips here for your readers. I will be an avid reader for sure...I like your style also...Sayang..im too late for this promo...is there any way, ud sell me your ebook about beauty tips. Im looking for a book that can teach me to do some makeup on my own that will look good.

    Do get in touch with me via email. I'd appreciate a reply.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello chay,

    thanks for visiting my blog. no problem about the ebook. i'll send it to you at no cost. but if you want makeup tips, feel free to browse around this blog because this has more info than the ebook which discusses beauty tips in general (nail, hair, skin, makeup, etc.). see you during the wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks much doc...Yeah, ive been busy browsing through your site for the past hour or so..Very very nice! keep up the good work! Yup...see u at the wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete