Monday, July 21, 2008

UDPP

In makeup speak, that's Urban Decay Primer Potion. Raves for this magical product made me give in, eventually. It promised to prevent the eyeshadow colors from creasing and help to make it last longer, maintaining its vibrant look. Hands down, it won me over.

We had a photoshoot last Sunday with our very beautiful model, Nicole. They wanted a nature theme of the pictorial with bold, bordering on neon colors for makeup. Midway between natural and bold, I settled for yellow green eyeshadows. However, my Mac eye colors were mostly neutrals. I had to rely on my elianto palette which contained the color I had in mind. Although elianto colors are highly pigmented, I was worried on the longevity of
the makeup. I started the makeup at around 8:30 AM and the shoot went on til late afternoon.

Amazingly, the UDPP delivered its promise. The eyeshadows were still striking despite that I only retouched it in mid afternoon. No creases, either. This works well on oily lids which tends to let the colors slip off faster.

Here's how to apply the magic potion:
  • Apply a very thin coat of this and spread evenly. Allow to dry. Apply eyeshadow as you normally would.



Some complained that it is harder to apply eyeshadow with UDPP as base. That's because it doesn't dry up to a powdery consistency, making it bumpier for the eyeshadows to glide. To counter this, you have to make sure you spread UDPP evenly and thinly. A little goes a long way. A good makeup brush should be handy.

In addition, if you plan on revising the original color, you may have difficulty removing it once it adheres to the UDPP.
You may have to use a makeup remover for this and repeat the
process.

This sells for $16. Other eye primers getting the rave but I have
yet to try are Art deco eye primer and Too faced eye insurance.
The former is sold in Manila but I heard, it's always out of stock.
Hmm.. It must be that hot.
Photobucket
Image Source of UDPP:amazon.com
Note: The official pictures of that photoshoot are still to be released. The photos that appear here were poor captures from my cell phone cam.




hoodia diet pills

No comments:

Post a Comment