Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Charlie Chan Chicken Pasta

This gastronomic delight is sure to make your tummy growl. I've learned about Charlie Chan Pasta from friends but I never got to try it until recently.  The other day, my hubby brought me a take out from Yellow Cab,  so I got to try it for the second time. Before I could indulge myself into the mouth watering box of Charlie Chan Pasta, I took pictures of it. The bad news is, looking at it now makes me hungry again.



Yellow Cab is advocating an earth-friendly campaign by using recyclable materials for its products. This one comes in a box and is wrapped in a paper bag. A serving costs P215 but is enough to feed 2-3 persons, depending on how voracious your appetites are. This may look like your run off the mill "pansit" but the taste is uniquely rendered by the oyster sauce.  Alternatively, barbecue sauce could be used.  For those with arthritis, go easy on this one as peanuts are part of the ingredients.




It may be a good idea to try this recipe using kettlebell at home some time. I researched it on the web and I found this on recipezaar.com:

Ingredients

* 1 whole boneless chicken breast
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 3 tablespoons sesame oil
* 1 piece onion
* 2 garlic cloves
* 1 1/4 tablespoons char siu sauce (lee kum kee)
* 1/4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
* 9 tablespoons oyster sauce
* 1/8 cup sugar
* 4 tablespoons water
* 1 kg cooked pasta
* peanuts (optional)

Directions

1. Sauté onion and garlic in a little olive oil.
2. Cook chicken until brown.
3. Mix sesame oil, char siu sauce, oyster sauce, chili garlic, and sugar in a bowl.
4. Add liquid mixture to chicken and simmer for a few minutes.

Yum.. Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. You are seriously making me hungry and its 20min before lunchtime! *tummy growls* lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooppps! sorry about that Nikki. :P so it was your tummy i heard growling. lol. i guess this post shouldn't be read before meal time. :)

    ReplyDelete