Friday, August 21, 2009

NARS Bridal Palette

[caption id="attachment_964" align="alignleft" width="199" caption="Photography by Raychard Kho"][/caption]

Before my wedding, I was on the hunt for the perfect makeup items that would complete my arsenals on the big day. Never mind that I already got tons in my collection that I have previously used on other brides. I was particularly on the look out for the perfect blush. The cult favorite NARS Orgasm was something I had to have. Browsing through the NARS website, I chanced upon the Bridal Palette that seemed to scream out my name.

It was dubbed as the greatest hits palette because it contained the bestsellers of the NARS makeup line. Besides the Orgasm blush that I badly wanted, the eye shadows and lip glosses were too fabulous to refuse. Despite that NARS only accepted credit cards billed in the US, I took my chances and it was a good thing that they accepted my order and delivered it to my aunt in Seattle.

It got to me 2 days before the wedding. In the end , the makeups I used on the day itself were mostly the staple items in my collection  because I had limited time roadtesting this new baby. In the 2 days of getting oriented with the NARS Bridal palette, I decided that the Orgasm blush, Albatros highlighter and Night Fever eyeshadow were a must to pull off my contemplated bridal look.

[caption id="attachment_965" align="alignright" width="199" caption="by Raychard Kho"][/caption]

Orgasm Blush- I used it on top of NYX Pinky blush. The subtle shimmer and peach shade gave the blushing bride look a new perspective.

Albatros Highligter: W-O-W! This is my idea of the highlighter. I swept it on my cheekbones, temples, bridge of the nose,  under eye areas and chin. It added an instant glow to my face without looking like an oil spill.

Night Fever Eyeshadow- this shimmery black-lavender shade was used to blur the black contouring I applied  on my eyes. I also used this to the outer 2/3 of my lower lash line. I've always wanted a hint of lavender on my eye makeup and this was a good choice. This can instantly transform your daytime makeup into a diva drama during the night .

The other eyeshadows are:

Edie, Nepal and Ondine- lovely, classic shades that are perfect for a bridal and daily makeup. Since I am more into the "pop" factor, I sticked with my staple MAC Woodwinked. But for work and subtle everyday look, this suits me well. The quality is good: pigmented, not chalky, does not fall off and stays long enough with the aid of a primer.

[caption id="attachment_966" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="vanityclinic.com"][/caption]

The lip palette:

MItzi, Babydoll, Sexual Healing and Roman Holiday- These are great choices for the smoochers but since I already set my mind on NYX Paris and Revlon Coral Color Stay lipsticks as my bridal lip colors, they were practically untouched except for the  Baby Doll lacquer which is obviously my favorite among the four, as evidenced by the craters it accumulated.

[caption id="attachment_967" align="aligncenter" width="280" caption="Image from Narscometics.com"][/caption]


Sorry for its dilapidated appearance on my pics. I should have taken shots of it when it was still unused. I am including the pic from the NARS website to give you an idea on how it should look like. The Night Fever shade is better captured in their shot.

[caption id="attachment_962" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="vanityclinic.com"][/caption]

In summary, I consider it to be among my best buys. For $65, I get to own  smaller sizes of the 10 more popular selections from NARS in one handy palette with a mirror. The packaging and quality reflect the classy appeal of NARS Cosmetics. I highly recommend it not only for brides but also for anyone who want classic, polished look for everyday use. It would also make a good travel kit because almost everything you need in a makeup set is here.

5 comments:

  1. [...] NARS Bridal Palette | The Doctor is vaIN www.vanityclinic.com/2009/08/21/nars-bridal-palette – view page – cached [caption id=attachment_964 align=alignleft width=199 caption=Photography by Raychard Kho][/caption] Before my wedding, I was on the hunt for the — From the page [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi marsadie! yes, it is indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi doc. ;-)

    ur an inspiration. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi jim!

    thanks a lot for the encouraging words. i got your email, btw. will reply to you soon!

    hope you can get helpful tips from this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete