Monday, December 14, 2009

Behind The Scenes Video








We had a Geisha/Indian Makeup Shoot last Friday for my friend, Malou  who's here for a vacation from the US. She requested for Dustein Sibug of http://dustein.multiply.com, the exceptional photographer who took my Pre-nup and Wedding Photos. Before we did the Geisha Shoot with Audrey, Malou already contacted me to do a Geisha makeup on her. Geisha  just happens to be a most requested look for me these days, I don't know why.

This time, I made the white makeup more opaque but darn, it took forever to blend it. The one on Audrey was much easier to apply because it was transparent white, just like putting makeup on the Twilight characters. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect white base that would pull off a smooth Geisha look as an alternative to its traditional materials, which aren't available here. Perhaps office supplies like the liquid eraser would be a last resort, but I used  Snazaroo and Kryolan water-based white cake on this shoot.

My new apprentice, Jim Russel Cabanag, did the hair. I was holding the camera for this video, so as much as I wanted to document how the makeup was done, my hands were full. The pics that appear on the slide are just my shots. Watch out for the official photos from Dustein Sibug, soon!

3 comments:

  1. Are the materials you used for the white make up sticky? What's the texture? Because I can imagine how hard it must be to blend it all throughout the face. This is very cool indeed. :)
    - Kaith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaith, yes, it was a tacky water-based makeup. each time i placed another coating, the damp sponge sort of erases the previously painted layer. :(

    ReplyDelete