Thursday, December 3, 2009

No More Bad Hair Day

One of our readers, Bianca/Sunmom, named a few local manufacturers of organic beauty products in a previous blog post on organics. Human Heart Nature was one of them, thus I researched about it immediately. Surprisingly, upon browsing the goods on the Human Heart Nature website, I noticed  that the prices are very reasonable. Knowing organics, they usually come at a price, but their company proves it otherwise.

Unlike other local online stores that require going to the bank or Globe outlet to transfer payment, the Human Heart Nature online shop conveniently accepts credit cards. Being a supporter of organic products, I took advantage of the affordable prices and purchased some items including the Hair Mask- Intensive Gugo Bark and Avocado (Php 84.75) and the Hair Styling Cream- Acapulco and Mango Butter (Php 89.75).



Hair Mask-Intensive Gugo Bark and Avocado

After shampoo, the Hair Mask is to be left for 30 mins before rinsing. It is said to have strengthening, nourishing and moisturizing properties, boosted with Vitamin E and B complex. The Omega-3 in Avocado helps in restoring moisture and elasticity while the Gugo Bark, a time-tested natural hair enhancer that our grandmothers swear by, nourishes and minimizes hair loss. The addition of organic virgin coconut oil adds shine to worn-out locks.

The ingredients are as follows:

Water, cetrimonium chloride (from palm/vegetable oil), cetyl alcohol (from coconut), organic Entada Phaseoloides (Gugo Bark) extract, organic Persea Americana (Avocado) oil, Virgin Coconut Oil, natural honey extract,  Rosemary fragrance oil, gluconolactone (natural preservative), Rosemary essential oil, tocopherol (Vitamin E), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Peppermint essential oil, citric acid, and sodium benzoate.

The peppermint oil makes it a cool and fragrant bath essential that you would want to use often. It is just as effective as hair spas or intensive damage control conditioners sold at department stores, minus the harsh chemicals.

Hair Styling Cream- Acapulco and Mango Butter

I say this is the bomb! This has light to medium hold that affords a great hairstyle without leaving nasty residues. After bath, I apply it on my hair that has been ravaged by regular rebond. As I mentioned before, my hair has frizzy strands that looks fried by the bathroom lights and it isn't easily solved by my usual leave-on conditioners or hair cuticle coats that come with a greasy feel. It had to take an organic hairstyling product to tame my damaged locks.

At first, I dampened my hair with the cream a little too much that throughout the day, I sported a wet-look as though I've been out playing in the rain. By wet, I mean water-wet and not the oil spill kind.  I learned that it only took a little amount to get it working. Noticeably, the frizz were gone and my hair was more manageable without being oily.  The effects are even more remarkable when I use it after the Hair Mask which I don't apply on a daily basis because I'm scrimping and I can't wait for 30 minutes before rinsing it every time.

It contains the following organic ingredients:

mango oil, vegetable-derived cetyl alcohol, mango butter, purified water, Philippine carrageenan, acapulco extract, natural vitamin E,  and peppermint fragrance oil.

On my next order, I'd like to try their organic shampoos and conditioners. For something that you apply daily, wouldn't it give you some peace of mind if you know that you're using products that are environmentally-friendly and healthy? Human Nature's price is not a prohibiting factor so I expect more people turning to organic products eventually. Hopefully, more Filipino companies would take after the example of Human heart nature and offer quality products from natural resources found locally.

Human Heart Nature has a satellite office in La Palma, California. Readers from the USA can order online from the Human Heart Nature US website.

8 comments:

  1. I tried their facial scrub before and I liked it. Too bad my friend who sells their products moved to another city. I will check their online site. My hair is rebonded as well and there are days when it's just too dried up. The hair mask may be what my hair needs to make it look healthy.
    - Kaith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaith,

    Thanks, I'll include the facial scrub in my to-buy list. :) I bought other products like the lemon grass massage oil and moringa toner. I will post a review of them soon. :)

    Yes, the hairstyling cream really works wonders for my fried, rebonded hair. :P You should try it some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you liked the products! they really work for me and my daughter! in addition, there are resellers in multiply who accept gcash payments like greenwellness.multiply.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i'm all rave for their products. thanks a lot, sunmom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I read your blog as I was browsing other organic products that I can resell as I am also into organic products. I was once a user now I'm a reseller of Human Nature Products. Feel free to drop by our site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a Human Heart Nature lover! I love that their organic shampoo and conditioner solved my hairfall problem. I'll try their styling cream and wax on my next purchase. Blogged about it here: http://www.healthandbeautygeek.com/human-heart-nature-shampoo-and-conditioner-a-review/

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to find a fellow HHN lover.. will visit your post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HHN products are truly great. If you are in the USA you can
    visit SuselsNatural.com. Im from Minnesota and we are Area
    distributor for HHN.

    Best
    edsel

    ReplyDelete