Monday, December 7, 2009

I enjoyed my Century Bangus Fillet at the Hospital

... At my husband's hospital duty, that is. My hubby goes on 24 hours (or more) duty as an Ophthalmology Resident at a local hospital. Having gone through endless duties myself, I know how physically and mentally taxing it is to be sleepless for several hours yet be constantly on your toes for patients' needs.



When he goes on duty during the weekends, I am his personal catering service provider. I make sure he eats on time and he fuels his body and mind with healthy food. Doctors look after their patients, not minding the hunger pangs as if they are invincible. In turn, they get sick. My husband has hyperacidity and I worry about him not eating right. Last week, I brought him his favorite, the Century Gourmet Bangus Fillet to complete his packed meal.

We are both fans of bangus belly that during groceries, I always include some in the cart. The fat in the belly is something I could consume all to myself without fearing the cholesterol because it's a healthy option. The Omega-3 fatty acids in fish are beneficial to the body, fighting off the risks for coronary heart diseases and preventing cancer development, among its many health benefits.

With Century coming up with the Gourmet Bangus Fillet, this was something that really got me excited because we can eat it anytime, anywhere we please. Plus it's got the fat belly that we really crave for! During the recent typhoon Urduja in the city, my hubby was on duty and he narrated that it was flooding outside the hospital when he went out for dinner. To make sure he doesn't go hungry during these times, I put an extra can of Century Gourmet Fillet in his locker during my visit to him. Its easy to open can makes it a trusty companion and a filling gastronomic delight during emergencies and unexpected circumstances that get you stuck somewhere.



We feasted on the Spanish style Century Bangus during lunch break at his call room. Thankfully, there were no emergency calls while we were eating. It was a perfect bonding moment, with Gregory House on the laptop and Century Bangus on our platter. I captured our fun memories and made a video of it. And, oh yeah, did I mention that the Century Gourmet Bangus Fillet was yummy? The video will show how much we enjoyed it.






Note: This blog was a contest entry to Nuffnang's Century Bangus Promo. I was sincere in everything I said although it didn't win. :P

1 comment: